- What do you remember from the sermon on Sunday?
- What did you find surprising? What did you find challenging?
- How was your heart touched as you met with your church family this week?
The discipline of community
Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-27
- What is appealing or unappealing about being an independent operator? (As in, NOT in community)
- What kind of connection does Christ want you to have with Christian brothers and sisters?
- How does the life you are living now reflect the value Jesus places on belonging to the family of God?
- When has the body of Christ nurtured and sustained you? What was that like for you?
- ·What gifts do you bring to the body of Christ?
- Spend some time thinking about people in your life who have helped you grow. Thank God for them. Write a thank you card or note and send it to them.
The discipline of discipleship
Read Matthew 28:19-20
- What do you think the difference is between being a Christian and being a disciple?
- What do you desire about being a disciple of Jesus?
- What do you fear about being a disciple of Jesus?
- The words discipline and disciple come from the same root. What is your reaction to the word discipline?
- Who do you want to become? What do you want to be remembered for when you die?
- How are you intentionally partnering with God to become who he intended you to be?
- Spend some time thinking about which disciplines resonate with the desires of your heart (the list on pages 13-16 of the Spiritual Disciplines handbook can help here). Think about how you could incorporate these disciplines into the routine of your life. Share with a friend and ask them to ask you about it in a month’s time.