- What was this week’s sermon about?
- What did it make you think or feel?
- Has God prompted anything in you as a result of the sermon?
- Was there anything you disagreed with?
Look at the text
Read Mark 14: 32-52
- Summarise God’s plan for humanity and the world from creation to new creation. See how few words you can use!
- In what way could the events of this passage be seen as a failure of God’s plan?
- In what way could they be seen as a success?
- Mark’s description of this night can be read in a matter of minutes, but how long do you think this scene lasted?
- Why was Jesus’ soul overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death?
- Why do you think Jesus was so determined to pray at this time?
- Do you think verses 35 & 36 were easy for Jesus to pray?
- Did Jesus have free will? What were his options?
- What would happen if he didn’t do it?
- What do you think God the father was feeling at this time?
- What is your emotional response to Jesus saying ‘Yet not what I will, but what your will’?
- In what areas of your life have you found it easy to follow Jesus’ example?
- In what areas have you found it difficult?
- Why is it difficult for you?