Primary Task of this Role:
To develop and lead the Organisational and Administrative systems, processes and teams to enable Darling St Anglican Church to achieve its mission and vision.
The Business Manger reports to, and is managed by, the Rector. They work with the Staff Team and Parish Governance Team.
1. Responsible for compliance with all relevant Diocesan and legal requirements
2. Oversight of all financial transactions and reporting
a. Establishing increasingly effective collection via credit card, mobile apps, website
b. Processing of all payments and re-imbursements
c. Production of monthly management reports annual financial reports
d. Production of annual audited accounts
3. Effective and efficient rostering for all Sunday services on Elvanto
4. Ensuring the integrity and utility of data on Elvanto
5. Record keeping for Parish Governance Team and Staff Team (minute taking, action item follow up, staff leave records)
6. Ensure effective multi-channel communication with stakeholders, website/email/social media/Elvanto
7. Oversee all commercial and legal relationships (contracts, leases etc)
8. Develop "666" into an effective, welcoming, hub for ministry and connection with the community, including a team of volunteer "receptionist/front of house" staff.
9. Support the smooth functioning of the church sites and 666 through ordering supplies, managing stocks, provisioning the sites, arranging property maintenance, overseeing upkeep of grounds
1. Highly developed spiritual gifts of Organisation, Service, Leadership
2. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Organisational systems and processes
3. Excellent communication skills
4. Demonstrated ability to manage staff (paid and volunteer)
5. High level of emotional intelligence - the ability to work well with a diverse range of people
6. High level of computer/IT literacy - and the ability to learn new technology
7. Committed Christian who is willing to make DSAC their spiritual home
A degree in business, finance or management.
This role will initially be for 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Sunday's will not initially be included as a work day, though this could well change as the role develops. Attendance at a service on a Sunday is expected, as it would be of any member of the Darling St Church family. Remuneration will be based on the applicants experience.
Safe Ministry Clearance
It is an expectation of this role that the successful applicant complete the Diocesan Safe Ministry Training and consent to a Working with Children Check.